The Council has commenced a review of measures which will enhance flood protection in the area of Douglas Community Park.
It is intended to provide flood gate protection to the gate area adjoining the trash screen. A detailed review of potential additional existing surface water pipe capacity exiting the park and connecting to the Douglas Village Shopping Centre culvert is also underway. The utilisation of this pipeline would provide of additional overflow capacity of any flood waters overtopping the Ballybrack stream.
Finally, an enhanced CCTV system specifically covering the trash screen with associated alarm connectivity will also be provided.
Simple steps to prepare for flooding:
- Make sure you have the correct insurance cover.
- Find out how to turn off your gas, electricity and water supplies.
- Keep a list of useful numbers (including your insurance, telephone and policy number).
- Make an emergency kit.
- Think about the need of children, babies, elderly and the disabled at home – and ensure they know what to do in an emergency.
- Prepare a Flood Action Plan.
- Listen out for severe weather warnings on radio and TV.
- Move pets, vehicles, valuables and other sentimental items and important documents to safety.
- Prepare your supply of sandbags.
Readers will be aware of the current works being carried out in Church Street and despite the disruption the project will significantly lessen the incidences of any potential flooding in Douglas, something many of us were all too familiar with. Click on the link below for update.
- Proposed list of Shelter Replacements for Cork in 2013
- Sarsfield Road Bring Site to close in approximately 2 weeks.
- 50M additional funding for Regional & Local Roads-Cork County 5,818,342e Cork City:759,304e
- Volunteer Cycling Stewards for World Naked Bike Ride in Cork 22nd June 3pm to 5pm
- 50m Investment will see lower bills and warmer homes for 25,000 families.
To whom will you give your 'Number 1' vote in the forthcoming election?
- Fianna Fail (56%, 5 Votes)
- Fine Gael (33%, 3 Votes)
- Labour (11%, 1 Votes)
- Green Party (0%, 0 Votes)
- Sinn Fein (0%, 0 Votes)
- Independent (0%, 0 Votes)
- Not going to vote (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 9
Glenbrook Fld mitigation works.resubmitting 2 section 50 appl to OPW shortly when in place Consult will progress to Part 8 planning. - 2 days ago
Attending the Divisional meeting at County Hall shortly ... - 2 days ago